The action section has the following;
- Petition Headline
- Petition Text
- Side Image
Normally, as this is a petition page, for the petition headline we would simply use the "page headline". But, as Advance is a one-page theme, we have had to split the "page headline" up using "|" separators (as we started doing in the "Header Section" walkthrough). We will continue with this method here.
- Navigate to your petition page.
- Go to Settings > Page Settings.
- Based on how you've edited your Page Headline in previous steps, you should see something similar to the below;
Will you take this important action? | to make sure you're involved | Sign the petition
- You'll recall that in earlier steps the first two sections of the headline were modified, so you should modify the third section (the Sign the petition text) to what you'd like the headline to say.
- Navigate to Petition Settings > Content and scroll down to the Petition Text section.
- Add your petition intro text here.
Your petition will automatically be pulled onto the page. There are a few sections you can customize;
You can add a petition goal that will be displayed above the form by going to Petition Settings > Basics.
A default email will be sent to people who sign the petition. You can customize the text, or turn off the functionality under Petition Settings > Autoresponse.
- To add our side image, all we have to do is upload the image under the Files tab for the new petition page;
We have lots of different "images" on the page. We will eventually add them all to this Files tab, and the Advance theme can tell which one is which because of how we name them.
You should rename your desired supporting image to make sure it ends with "_side". For our example, we named the file "koala_side.png".