The action section has the following;
- Volunteer Headline
- Volunteer Text
- Volunteer Form
- Side Image
Normally, as this is a volunteer page, for the volunteer headline we would simply use the "page headline". But, as Advance is a one-page theme, we have had to split the "page headline" up using "|" separators (as we started doing in the "Header Section" walkthrough). We will continue with this method here.
- Navigate to your volunteer page.
- Go to Settings > Page Settings.
- Based on how you've edited your Page Headline in previous steps, you should see something similar to the below;
Do you support free speech on campus? | to support our right to freedom of expression | Become a volunteer
- You'll recall that in earlier steps the first two sections of the headline were modified, so you should modify the third section (the Become a volunteer text) to what you'd like the headline to say.
- Navigate to Volunteer Settings > Intro and scroll down to the Intro Text section.
- In the previous step you added this horizontal line;
- Underneath this horizontal line, you should add your volunteer text;
Your volunteer form will automatically be pulled onto the page. There are a few sections you can customize;
You can specify which roles a supporter can opt into when they volunteer by going to Volunteer Settings > Roles.
A default email will be sent to people who volunteer. You can customize the text, or turn off the functionality under Volunteer Settings > Autoresponse.
- To add our side image, all we have to do is upload the image under the Files tab for the new volunteer page;
We have lots of different "images" on the page. We will eventually add them all to this Files tab, and the Advance theme can tell which one is which because of how we name them.
You should rename your desired supporting image to make sure it ends with "_side". For our example, we named the file "action_side.png".